Monday, September 4, 2017

Trying Something New

The other day while strolling through Pintrest I saw a easel spinner card.  Today while strolling through I saw a flying easel card that was very similar.  I decided I wanted to make a drawer card, it's been a long time, so I sort of combined all of the stuff to create this.

I used some fun cookie cutter dies, a butterfly Embosslit and a sentiment die.  I used some awesome papers from a DCWV stack called Bella Armoire, mostly scraps from the man date card I posted the other day.  I did the measurements myself for the drawer and the wrap since I couldn't find one anyplace that was 4.25 x 5.5 wide (see below for my measurements).  For my first go at this I think it turned out great!  :)





How I made the drawer:
I cut a 7.5 x 6.25 piece of card stock and scored it 1" on all sides.  I cut one side of each corner in order to fold it in and adhear it to the inside of the drawer.

How I made the wrap:
I cut a piece slightly larger than 4.25 and as long as I could get it (I only had 8.5 x 11 black cardstock).  centering my drawer I scored on each side, then one inch from those score marks.  Because the two ends didn't meet up, I cut another piece the same size as my card and glued it to the two sides.

Hope that made since?  I'm not very good at explaining things...

Thanks for looking!
Use Your Stuff – No Layouts or Cards (does this count as a card?)
A Snowflakes Promise (doesn’t have to be winter) –  ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) –  Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) –  ALWAYS anything goes   
Crafty Gals Corner (up to 2 entries) – Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks – anything goes
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog –  Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge Blog – Anything Goes      
Crafting With Friends – Always Anything Goes    
A Gem of A Challenge – use Kraft

10 comments:

missgailly said...

This did turn out great! I love it! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Lin said...

How fun is this, Karen, I love how it turned out, and the grey mixed with kraft is really pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lisa Lynn said...

Karen, this is a wonderful project I haven't seen anything like this. Thanks for joining us at Imagine That Digistamp Creative Playground. Hope to have you join us again, Lisa Lynn DT

Nance said...

Wow. Very creative and very pretty! I've never seen a drawer card. I've seen boxes repurposed. Great project! Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Kleri F said...

This is really stunning!Very creative and very pretty!Love it!Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week over at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

Helen said...

Beautifully made and a really clever design.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz.

Helen x
GDT

Team Clark said...

This is so beautiful! What a great concept! Hugs, Autumn

Elena Orsi said...

Wow Karen, great job.
Thanks for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

Amanda said...

This is so cool and unique! Beautifully done! thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

Imagine That Digistamp said...

This is soo pretty and very cool idea. I'm going to bookmark this to try myself someday :) thank you so much for linking up at The Creative Playground, however entries are limited to one unless you use "Imagine That Digistamp", in which case entries are unlimited. I have freebies in my shop if interested :) thanks, good luck!